19. tra 2012.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night. 
But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands. 

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead. 

Written in rich, seductive prose, this spell-casting novel is a feast for the senses and the heart.


MY REVIEW 


"Like stepping into a fairy tale under a curtain of stars..."

Every time I start reading some book I expect that I'll step into a fairy tale under a curtain of stars. That means you'll forget about world around while you're reading it, you'll enter into a world full of magic. Now I guess you all expect me to say that this book is like that! Well, it is.

I expected that when I entered in Le Cirque des Rêves. I'll quote the author of the book, where is that perfectly described:
You think, as you walk away from Le Cirque des Rêves and into the creeping dawn, that you felt more awake within the confines of the circus. You are no longer quite certain which side of the fence is the dream.


This book is really good. Different from the others, full of interesting characters and when you read some book you almost always have some boring parts, when nothing happens. This book is not like that. It follows two different stories, on one side you have Celia and Marco and on another Bailey and Poppet. Book is full of events, full of stories. At some point I wondered why writer didn't separate those stories and wrote two completely different books, at the end I realized why.

I'll give this book 5 stars, but I know that many people won't like it. So if you don't like it, don't blame me. I'm still a child who wants to believe in magic.



Until the next time, 

Broj komentara: 6:

  1. Circus always charmed me, and if there is a bit of magic in it, that is perfect... Sure this looks interesting.. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I agree! Since I was a kid circus was something mysterious and this book brought me back to my childhood! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Thanks for the review. I'm intrigued. Off to order it on Amazon!
    Gwynneth
    http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. You're welcome! :) I hope you'll like it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Great review! Now the "Night Circus" is on my wanted list!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...