21. srp 2012.

Narc by Crissa-Jean Chappell


Buy the book:
(August 8th, 2012.)

Author's:

Book summary:


"Seventeen-year-old stoner Aaron Foster was offered a choice: go to jail or turn undercover narc to find the dealer who's funneling drugs into Miami's Palm Hammock High School. But Aaron has never been good at getting close to people. He's human wallpaper, a stoner wastecase who's obsessed with video games and street magic.
With a cop from Narcotics breathing down his neck, Aaron gets himself invited to parties where the deals go down. To get close to the school's biggest players, Aaron lies to everyone--most of all, the cute but troubled Morgan Baskin. With the Everglades party on Halloween night--and a planned drug bust there--just days away, Aaron realizes that he's falling hard for Morgan . . . and trying to protect her could cost him everything."

What I thought about it...

     I've just finished reading this book - like ten minutes ago - and I'm breaking my own rule as you can see. I'm sitting here in font of my shitty computer (I really need a laptop!) and trying to say something meaningful about Narc. So, I go and make another mistake - I google the author. And I like her and now I can't write all those shitty things I've been thinking about last night after I've read first half of the book. Like, how I hate that every author lately, in the lack of the better solution, decide that one of the reasons for main character being messed up is that his father or brother died somewhere in the Middle East - thousand miles away from his peaceful home where the biggest problem is that you are "human wallpaper, a stoner wastecase" or being rich brat with too much freedom. Boo-friggin-hoo. Or maybe, I've read too much books with military background last month. Who knows?
     I woke up late this morning, took a cup of coffee and curled on my favorite reading spot. And I read the book. My third cup of coffee got cold - I was so caught up in the story that I forgot about it. I felt guilty for all "shitty things" that I've been thinking - because in the end it's not another glorified story about American soldiers who are "saving the world". No, not at all. It's about kid who can't save himself, let alone somebody else. But he tries and along the way finds friends, girlfriend and, maybe in the end, his own way how to deal with the rest of the world. 
     In the beginning I was little bit confused - Narc is written in this hectic style and you have to go back and look for clues. First I was annoyed but then I realized that it's author's way to express all the feelings and  inner drama which Aaron was going through. This book deserves to be called "realistic" - I won't tell you why I think that - than this post would be me telling you everything that happens in this book and than there would be no need for you to read it. (Don't you just hate when people mix up review and summarising the storyline of the novel?) 
     If you want to see how would Narc look like in the pictures, go the the Crissa's Tumblr. There you will also find some extra parts of the story - nice touch. My personal favorite would be this picture:
                                                     Read the book and tell me why!


Until next time,


    ***NOTE! Copy of the book is kindly provided by the publisher, Flux, via NetGalley. I'm not paid for writing review - I do this for free as lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...