19. stu 2012.

Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis


Buy the book at

Author's
Website / Blog / Twitter 

Book summary: 


There are worse things than death, worse people too



The “talk” was bad enough, but how many teens get told that they’re a goddess? When her mom tells her, Persephone is sure her mother has lost her mind. It isn’t until Boreas, the god of winter, tries to abduct her that she realizes her mother was telling the truth. Hades rescues her, and in order to safely bring Persephone to the Underworld he marks her as his bride. But Boreas will stop at nothing to get Persephone. Despite her growing feelings for Hades, Persephone wants to return to the living realm. Persephone must find a way to defeat Boreas and reclaim her life.


       You've all heard about ancient myths, yeah I did to. I've heard about them a lot but about Persephone I haven't heard of before. So I should start this with thank you note, cause today I've learned something new and I'm grateful for that.

      I, as a real geek, did my research so it took me by surprise how the author did really good job by creating the story out of it. Just so you know the myth has some similarities but here the story fits better in out time. Here the story has been written in a way that you can relate to the gods and feel them. They're not that mysterious creatures that live far away, they're beings with a feelings and you can walk with them through the story. I won't tell you more about the story cause the blurb tells enough. But I really did like the story only the problem is relationship between Persephone and Hades cause it was rushed in my opinion. I couldn't see it or feel it for the matter to develop and that's the only thing that bothers me here. Yes I know that's the thing with gods, but problem is the story is set in present time so I guess the relationships should be too.

       All in all I'd like to read the second book cause I see that there is a lot of interesting things I'm yet to learn about.

        Now please excuse me while I go and ready myths until my head blows.

Until the next time,
***NOTE: Thank you YA Bound and Kaitlin Bevis for giving me ebook copy. 
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

Broj komentara: 11:

  1. This seems really interesting! and its always great to know when an author does her research for a book. Really makes it more realistic! Lovely review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Yes. I agree! I like it when they do so. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. This book seems like an interesting read.I love Greek myths and Norse ones, too. I read them all the time. Persephone's myth is very engrossing and i definitely added this to my TBR.
    I can't wait to see what the author has in store.
    GREAT post, Tanja!
    Your constant reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Ooooh Tanja this sounds like a really promising read, I don't really know whether it would be the book for me, but if I ever felt like venturing out of my comfort zone I would definitely give this a try! Lovely review Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. The myth of Persephone is actually one of my favorites! Thanks for the heads up on this one, I hadn't heard of it before.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. A lot of people told me that Persephone was their fave so I was surprised. Now I see why.
    Thanks girls! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. This sounds great! I'll definitely be checking it out :) Awesome review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I've read a few mythology books and liked more than I expected since I don't get into the myths themselves.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Well I also like mythology books, but I like myths themselves. Thank you! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. The Greek mythology is filled with some pretty messed up story lines. I always want a happy ending. This sounds like you enjoyed it, so maybe it does? Great review. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Indeed it is! :) I did, cause I haven't heard of this story before. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...