20. pro 2012.

A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso


Expected publication: January 29th, 2013

Author's 

Book summary: 

Sixteen-year-old Rayna sees angels, and has the medication and weekly therapy sessions to prove it. Now, in remission, Rayna starts fresh at a new school, lands a new job, and desperately tries for normalcy. She ignores signs that she may be slipping into the world she has tried so hard to climb out of. But these days, it’s more than just hallucinations that keep Rayna up at night. Students are dying, and she may be the only one who can stop it. Can she keep her job, her sanity, and her friends from dying at the hands of angels she can't admit to seeing?

        It's been a while since I've read some good book about angels. It's a shame cause I really love those creatures but somehow the books about angels tend to disappoint. So I'm really happy to say that this one was good, really good.

       This is a story about Rayna the girl who sees angels. Of course no one believes her and therefore she spends some time in institution. Now she is out and she believes it's the end of her craziness. She decides to start again with the new school and job were no one will point a finger at her and laugh. For most she is happy for herself and her family cause they all need a new start. Angels don't exist in theory and she knows that, but unfortunately being gifted or we may say cursed can't be cured so easily. When she sees another angel in her class no less, all old fears are coming back to her. She doesn't believe in them and she tries too hard not to lose it but eventually she does. Now she is in the middle of something she couldn't dream of.

        I really must say that Rayna was one of these rare girls in paranormal novels that earned my respect by acting well normally. Usually when girls discover that the guy is some sort of paranormal creature they fall in love and drool all over them. Rayna is different she runs and doesn't want to believe in it. She's been told that she is crazy and it doesn't matter that she knows that those aren't hallucinations she doesn't want to accept it. So she is acting logically. There are other things in this book that I liked but as they haven't been mention in summary I'm going to leave them so you can discover them by yourselves.

Until the next time,
***Note: This book was kindly provided by publisher, Month9Books, via NetGalley. Thank you! 
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

Broj komentara: 16:

  1. Great Review!!! I love books about angels also, so I will have to pick this one up!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Thanks :) I hope you'll get a chance to read it soon :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I agree Tanja its so hard to find a decent angel novel these days, after devouring Cynthia Hand's and Paula Weston's books I find myself comparing everything to them. But I'm glad there's still some great ones like this that I still have to discover! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. It's really hard to come across a great angel book lately, so this might be just the thing to get me back into the angel genre. Fab review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Ok, girlfriend... 5 stars? Seriously? Yeyy! I have to read this one! It would be great warm up for final book of Unearthly.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I haven't read much about Angels lately either. Glad to hear that I have a good read in store.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Yes somehow the authors tend to to stupid thing in angel books. :) This one was really good for me especially after a few that were so disappointing.

    And girl yeah it's really good, I mean it's still not Unearthly but I liked it :) It's not perfect but I liked Rayna, she is not brain-washed. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I've been shying away from angel books for what feels like forever. There are some very bad experiences to blame. However, I believe that there are still a few pleasant surprises out there and this seems to be one.
    Great review.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Thank you :) Trust me I always think twice before starting the angel book :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Well, I have not read any books about angels after the awesomeness and the perfection of Lauren Kate's Fallen series, I just could not think that any other book would top it.
    Though this sounds intriguing, I am adding to my TBR
    GREAT review, Tanja!
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I can actually think of few! :) I like that series too, but I've read better that that. :) I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I've wanted to read this since I first heard about it, so I'm so happy you enjoyed it! :) Rayna sounds awesome. Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. That's great :) I hope you'll get a chance :) Thanks.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I rarely enjoy books with angels in them but this sounds like one I'd enjoy because of the non-typical behavior of the protagonist regarding the paranormal aspect of the book.

    Great review, Tanja!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I have this book waiting for me on my Kindle and I am glad to hear that it's a good one. Yay! Great review. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I hope you'll be happy with this book :) Can't wait to see your reviews :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...