4. ožu 2014.

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

Hello darlings. I've been missing some TTT posts lately but I'm back on track. This week Top Ten Tuesday is about popular authors I've never read and here are mine (ps. this topic is quite wide so I'll stuck to the YA authors).

1. Jennifer Donnelly. Honestly until few days ago I had know her only as the author of A Northern Light. Now I've ordered that and Revolution so I'll get to know her soon.

2. Rainbow Rowell. I'm planing to, really!!

3. P.C. Cast. Her House of Night series is really popular even here but I'm not sure should I read it or not. I've got a feeling that I won't like it now.

4. Rick Riordan. Not only have I missed to read the books but I haven't seen the movie either.

5. Abbi Glines. I don't dare to elaborate this (sorry Sarika, xoxo)

6. Veronica Rossi. I've run out of excuses.

7. Rachel Caine. This goes with House of Night. I don't think I'll ever read it.

8. Philip Pullman. Somehow I feel like this train has passed for me as well.

9. Libba Bray. Another author I keep hearing great things about but still haven't read any of her works.

10. Jennifer Estep. One day.

I'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 26:

  1. Hehehe. From this list I have only read Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl and Rick Riordan's Lightning Thief. The other authors I haven't read anything about, so shame on me, but I have been planning to.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I need to get to read something written by Rainbow. Everyone around me are crazy about her work. Hope you'll enjoy them Sandra :)

      Izbriši
  2. I love Donnelly, Rowell, Rossi, Pullman, and Bray though, like you, I've yet to pick up a novel by Estep - soon! Great Top Ten, Tanja; I hope you get around to these authors soon!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll enjoy Estep's work. Thanks Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  3. Gah some of these are my favs, you really should try them soon!! I have a couple on here that I haven't tried as well. So many great books and authors out there left to try...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I've never read Rick Riordan or Abbi Glines either Tanja, but I just keep telling myself what you did: one day. There are so many fabulous authors out there I want to try, I just need more hours in the day. Or get paid to read. Whichever:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. One day is like a miracle to me xD LOL Maybe that too, so I could leave my studies. Thanks Jenny :)

      Izbriši
  5. Rainbow Rowell's E&P didn't work for me, but since everyone else seems to love it perhaps it'll work for you? I hope so. I'm definitely planning on reading Fangirl though and I can't wait! P.C. Cast DO NOT BOTHER! Srsly. I HATED those books so much. If you are looking for an extremely huge amount of drama and mindless actions and annoying MC, lots of stupid choices and the MC having the hots for 3 guys at once and being the girl that everyone wants although she isn't anything special (though she is very special when it comes to her powers and such). Just.. Don't. My advice. You might end up loving them, but based on your previous reviews and the conversations we've had? I don't think it's for you:( Abbi Glines. I loved her first books.. The Sea Breeze series, The Vincent Boys. Now I'm just like.. meh, it's not that special. Every book is so freaking predictable and the same that I can't even force myself to give a try anymore *eyeroll* VERONICA ROSSIIIIII!!!! LOVE ME SOME ARIA AND PERRY :') AND ROAR *sobs* LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM. Jennifer Estep is awesome, but her excessive "recapping previous books" is driving me insane. I'm not a moron, can we please stop. They're not HP or GoT books that are in need of a serious recap because so much goes down. But whatever. It is what it is. Still awesome.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Okay!! Sirry girl you win! I'm not getting NEAR P.C. Cast's books xD Thanks for the advice girl :) I don't think I'll enjoy any till I get over my NA wall. I know you love those books and I'll read them. (I've read Cinder, haven't I?). Estep seems like one of those authors whose only first book I'll love and others will be like putting that one in a microwave. I love your comments girl. You don't have to stop :D

      Izbriši
  6. I haven't read any of these! I do have Eleanor and Park to read soon though, so that will be one off your list. LOL There are so many authors I haven't read because I'm so bad with series...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah sometimes I just give up when I see I need to read like three books. Gah I need to start though. Thanks Lauren :)

      Izbriši
  7. I love Bray, Donnelly and Caine. I have never read books by Glines and Estep either, Tanja. All of the authors you mentioned are great!! Hope you get to read their books soon!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Thanks Aman. I assumed that but it's nice when someone confirms it :) I'll try their books for sure :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Rick Riordan is a must read author for me! I have loved all the books I've read by him :) If you like action and fun books, he's a must! And the V. Rossi books were great! And I really enjoyed Estep's mythos academy books, which just ended... ='( But I really want to try her adult series now. Great list Tanja!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I know I have seen your reviews for this series. I'll have to get to it. I hope I'll soon. Thanks Janina :)

      Izbriši
  10. With the exception of maybe Riordan I haven't read any of these authors either Tanja :(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Ooh I love Libba Bray and Jennifer Donnelly, they are such amazing, versatile writers, they manage to come off as literary and genre at the same time. Hope you enjoy them when you give them a try! :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'll need to read their stories then. Thanks Lauren :)

      Izbriši
  12. Great list! I feel sure that you will adore Rossi. I used to read Riordan's books, but eventually lost steam. Same with PC Cast. I think those books will seriously annoy you.
    Thanks for sharing, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I think I'll. I'll probably skip them. Thanks Andrea :)

      Izbriši
  13. Oh Abbi Glines is there on your list BUT her last two books were horrible so I think you can wait for a bit or just read some previous good ones. I would say skip PC Cast as well cause now they feel too immature and childish to me. Great list Tanja! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'll ask you girls which one should I read don't worry ;) I'll skip it for sure. You all agree on that :) Thanks Janhvi :)

      Izbriši
  14. I have been told SO many times to read Jennifer Donnelly and I bought both those books AGES ago and still haven't read them! I would agree to skip P.C. Cast. The rest are good though! Oh, and I read one Abbi Glines and didn't like it. It's just one though so that doesn't really say enough about her writing in general.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...