12. lis 2015.

ARC Review: The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Book summary:
In a pursuit that has spanned continents, Iolanthe, Titus, and their friends have always managed to remain one step ahead of the forces of Atlantis. But now the Bane, the monstrous tyrant who bestrides the entire mage world, has issued his ultimatum: Titus must hand over Iolanthe, or watch as his entire realm is destroyed in a deadly rampage. Running out of time and options, Iolanthe and Titus must act decisively to deliver a final blow to the Bane, ending his reign of terror for good.
However, getting to the Bane means accomplishing the impossible—finding a way to infiltrate his crypt in the deepest recesses of the most ferociously guarded fortress in Atlantis. And everything is only made more difficult when new prophecies come to light, foretelling a doomed effort....
Iolanthe and Titus will put their love and their lives on the line. But will it be enough?
With The Immortal Heights, Sherry Thomas brings the acclaimed Elemental Trilogy to its breathtaking conclusion.
        It's usually the second book in series that I have issues with. Which, if you ask me, is logical. You usually have an idea and a way to start it and mostly how to end it, but the middle is tricky. Well I have no idea how but with this series is actually the opposite.

       What started like a really interesting story in The Burning Sky, exploded in The Perilous Sea, where I fell in love with everything. It's just the story progressed in a way I didn't expect it too and it surprised me so much. But, it's sad that The Immortal Heights didn't continue in that direction.

       Don't get me wrong here, this is not by all means a bad book. Quite opposite, as was it written a stand along I would for sure be writing a praise for it. However, the trick with series of any kind is that after the latest one you expect the next one to be more. This one wasn't that. It continued in a good manner, the story progressed nicely and the characters developed even more. It all went in a right direction towards nowhere. There wasn't that blow at the end that would leave me breathless, something that would make me hold this book and weep that there is no more. Something that would make me remember it till the end of days.  Even the romance between the two became dull, there weren't those sparks from the previous books.

      I might be asking for to much, but with such a world building and great characters it's what it needs. Still it will be remembered as a great story, one you should most definitely read.

Rating: 3.5 stars.

Until the next time,
*NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley. Thank you!

Broj komentara: 12:

  1. I hope this isn't the last book in the series

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. So sorry this didn't live up to the others, that is so disappointing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I really wish you had liked this one more! And I do agree with the second book being the tricky one. You've stated the reasons for the same very well. I hope your next read is rocking. Great review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Such a shame, I've heard so many raves for the first 2 books it sounds like this one was really disappointing in comparison!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Oh I'm sorry that you didn't end up enjoying this one as much as you'd hoped Tanja, quite a few last books in a series have been disappointing lately, so I don't think that you're the only one. Thank you for your honest review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Sorry to hear it wasn't what youd hoped

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Aww! :( I liked this one more than you do but I completely understand where you're coming from. I definitely loved book 2 more than I liked this one and when I first read it I was slightly disappointed. But when I wrote my review 4 months later, everything was still so fresh and I realized how much I enjoyed it and the whole series.
    Lovely review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Aww, I'm sorry to see that this finale wasn't as good as the first two volumes. I'm not surprised, though, since the first two books were SO GOOD but I definitely have expectations for this and it's good to know to lower them. Thanks for this helpful review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. ouch sorry it did not progress the way you felt it should :/ always a bugger, but at least you walked away without completely hating it

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Oh no! I'm sorry the final book didn't live up to your expectations, Tanja. I'm always hesitant to read the last book of any series because I'm never sure how the story would end. I feel ya. I still have to start this series though. I do look forward to the first two books! Great review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Aw, shucks! It's sad this didn't live up to your expectations, my love! I still have to finish the first book someday and read the sequel, so I hope that it will gain spark for me that lacked during the first time I tried it. Sorry you didn't really feel all the shippy feels Tanja :/ I'm glad you liked it as a whole though, and I hope you love the future novels by Sherry in the YA genre :) *hugs*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...